Perl Client Toolkit: The Future
- Better asynchronous interface, particularly to retrival (``wait
until later'' - how much later?) Probably using
- Better interface for fetching fields without needing to grub
around in the record structure.
- Fix COMSTACK nonsense to handle asynchronous connect failure.
- Support extra fields of APDUs, e.g. otherInfo in
initResponse for returning initialisation diagnostics
according to the Implementors Agreement.
- Support for SORT, SCAN, etc.
- No need to support Explain or Extended Services, since
these are only uses of the existing search-and-retrieve
services. An additional layer may be helpful, though.
- Hard to use in GUI-driven programs due to different event
loops. Should probably genericise by inventing inside-out
event API. Hard!